The Creative List XIV
We are equipped with this expansive mental chest of drawers. Each drawer is packed with memories.
Aside from giving you quips of ideas, articles, and things that I scoured and happen to inspire me, I'll be adding one more thing. As a lover of words, I constantly come across phrases and lines that lights my soul. With that in mind, these are wisdom of nuggets, words of empowerment, thoughts, insights and lightbulb ideas that I've encountered from people I interacted with, saw on Twitter, read from a novel, or simply something that made me smile in the conversations I've immersed in. These are memorable statements that spoke out to me and articles that have inspired me throughout the week:
- We are only ever limited by the limitations that we impose upon ourselves. We truly do have infinite potential.
- It is so rare to find people who are good listeners, most people are just waiting for their turn to speak about themselves. (Lisa Lan)
- Don't be a couch potato. It's time for action. Stand up and join the race of people who are moving mountains to make our future a good one! (Yoko Ono)
- Life begins at the end of your comfort zone. (Tom Dalisay)
- We’re a generation that knows what we want, or a generation that values the process of figuring that out. But we also know enough that we don’t want to do certain things. We resist a lot of established systems and institutions, and we definitely have the options to say no [to] being boxed in. (Serious Studio)
- One of the aspects of design is to create connections between product and market, client and audience and make everything relatable. Thus, as a designer, knowing and understanding who you're working with is essential and Serious Studio takes this to the heart of their work ethics. Know "Why Empathy Is Essential To Good Design" with agency's Q&A with CNN Philippines.
- "Always consider the opposite side of things." James Clear gives us a good reminder of why inversion thinking is a beneficial skill.
- Be brave enough to start a conversation that matters. (Twitter)
- Turn your fears into strengths.
- Sometimes, someone you have known all your life becomes no longer familiar to you, but strange in a marvelous way, as if you have discovered a beach you have been visiting all your life is made not of sand but of diamonds, and they blind you with their beauty. (Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare)
- There is no such thing as a new idea. It is impossible. We simply take a lot of old ideas and put them into a sort of mental kaleidoscope. We give them a turn and they make new and curious combinations. We keep on turning and making new combinations indefinitely; but they are the same old pieces of colored glass that have been in use through all the ages. (Mark Twain)
- Be whirled away to Venice with LaMadelynn's Weekend Getaway. She spins together these classic looking films with a retro feel to them and I'm always taken away with her editing and video style.
- If you're looking for something short and sweet to indulge in, I have another one from LaMadelynn where she shares to her viewers how she celebrate the coming of Spring Season in Something Sweet.
- Watercolors are the bomb, but when you put them into ink and skin, it's even more magical. Watch how The Art of Ink: Watercolor follows a group of watercolor tattoo artist who shares their creative process and work.
- Illustration is about visually communicating a story that needs to be told. This article relates how the film industry makes use of graphic and painterly illustrations to convey their stories and how it could be making a comeback as movie posters.