The Uncommon Sources XIX
The first inspiration list for 2018! Here are some articles, videos and nuggets of inspiration that I gathered over the past week:
- Why does Facebook signify the importance of a Product Designer in the Tech Industry? This article explains why in bullet points.
- I've been looking a lot into Product Design lately and studying its role in the Tech Industry, and this article explains in detail what it's all about. An interesting read that touches on the design process used by McDonald's to create the Speedee Service System. Here's a takeaway highlighted in the article: "Product Design is about the entire process of creating usable products and experiences, starting by defining real people’s problems and thinking about possible solutions. That will eventually lead to the best design."
- In this TEDx Video, Finn Harries gives an inspiring talk on A Creative Approach To Climate Change.
- I believe productive people are early risers. If you're looking for a motivating read that will give you a reason to get out of bed early in the morning, read this article and watch this video by Rowena Tsai. Here's a takeaway: "If we design workplaces that permit people to find meaning in their work, we will be designing a human nature that values work." (Barry Schwartz)
- The sole substance of genius is the daily act of showing up. "No specific routine guarantees success, and the only thing that matters is having a routine and the persistence implicit to one. Showing up day in and day out, without fail, is the surest way to achieve lasting success." (BrainPickings)
- In this tutorial, PearFleur shows how monochromatic color studies can be done using watercolor. (I find inspiration and motivation in such things to pursue painting again.)
- It’s about the entire process of creating usable products and experiences, starting by defining real people’s problems and thinking about possible solutions. That will eventually lead to the best design.